Saturday, April 1, 2017

School

I always believe that life is nothing but the greatest educational institution 🏫 where we learn the greatest lessons. Some lessons we get at the first go. With some others, we keep struggling, make mistakes till we reach a point when we have successfully internalised the lessons.

Every experience is our subject or discipline or stream of study. And my experiences are through encounters; encounters with others but mostly with myself. Irrespective of the stretch or intensity of the encounter, it has always dinned something into me: lessons no brick and mortar institute has ever been able to.

The toughest and the most trying 'encounters’ have hammered the greatest​ lessons. The daunting, the enervating, the crippling ones, where 'giving up' or abominating seemed easier…those added the heaviest weights on my scales of life.

Such encounters crack open avenues in the mind; some plates in the soul shift to reposition themselves; questions start etching indelible marks on your belief system- you transform!

Ours is one such encounter that has left me bemused and bewildered. Reasons and rationale got defied and busted. Questions had no answers. Emotions gurgled like water. Words with actions, feelings with responses: none seemed to connect but everything made sense, ONE sense. Of oneness. Inexplicable, a surreptitious mystery brew inside.

How do I love thee?
Why do I love thee?

On the final day of this school, answers will be revealed, alongside a rating for my performance. I shall come to you then to compare scores, to check if we went wrong with the same questions, to match which of our answers were similar.

Till then, I will love supremely and unabashedly, profoundly and unconditionally. Let this unarmed truth be the only guiding light of this reality and beyond.

No comments: